In 1921, Jake Harness founded a legal practice devoted exclusively to patent and trademark protection. He opened an office on the tenth floor of Detroit’s tallest skyscraper, the Majestic. Four years later, Art Dickey and Hodgson Pierce came aboard as partners and the three devoted their lifetimes to growing the firm. The bedrock values and policies that the founding partners brought from their small-town backgrounds still prevail at the firm today.
The firm opened offices in St. Louis in 2000, and in metropolitan Washington, DC the following year. Harness Dickey is a cooperative team of attorneys and staff, working closely with clients to provide quality service, and protect assets on a global scale.