David A. McClaughry
Mr. McClaughry represents clients in a diverse range of legal and technical matters. He has litigated numerous patent, trademark, and copyright cases in federal courts to successful conclusions. He has also represented numerous clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by preparing and prosecuting hundreds of utility and design patents.
While much of his experience has been in the mechanical and electro-mechanical arts, Mr. McClaughry’s experience extends to other technologies including material science, computer software, and music-related arts. His master's thesis involved the design and implementation of flight simulation software of a remote-controlled aircraft.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. McClaughry was a design/test engineer at General Motors, working in the field of body structures, vehicle dynamics, and noise and vibration.
- Central Sprinkler Corp. v. The Viking Corporation Read More »
- FlexHead Industries, Inc. et al. v. The Viking Corporation et al. Read More »
- SPX Corp. v. Bartec USA Read More »
- Richard K. Niemi, et al v. American Axle Mfg. & Holding, Inc., et al Read More »
- McGill Technology Ltd. v. Gourmet Technologies, Inc Read More »
- Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship, Inc. v. Word of Faith Christian Church Read More »
- Kennametal v. Cerametal s.a.r.l. and International WaterJet Parts, Inc. Read More »
- Aureo Rivera-Davila et al. v. Asset Conservation, Inc., et al. Read More »
- Tractech Inc. v. American Axle & Mfg, Inc Read More »
- Stimsonite Corp. v. Nightline Markers, Inc. Read More »
- Stieffel Laboratories, Inc. v. VetGen LLC Read More »
- Edward Pepper et al. v. Frank Wagner & Sons, Inc. v. Bernal Inc. Read More »
- Applied Scanning Technology, Inc. v. Perceptron, Inc. et al Read More »
EducationJ.D., Wayne State University, 1993
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
Mr. McClaughry frequently presents to various legal and technical audiences. Most recently he was one of a three-member panel presenting "The IP Audit: An Intellectual Property Audit of Music Products and Services" at the 2009 South By Southwest Music Conference in Austin, Texas.
David A. McClaughryPrincipal
Detroit Metro Office
Electrical & Computer
Fuel Reforming Processes & Technology
Mechanical & Electromechanical
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office