Technical Specialist or Patent Agent
Harness Dickey, an established intellectual property law firm ranked among the top ten patent law firms in the U.S., has an immediate opening for a technical specialist or patent agent in its Reston, Virginia office. Qualified candidates will have an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering (an advanced degree is preferred, but not required) as well as industry experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
This position offers an opportunity to prepare and prosecute patent applications under the supervision of an attorney in a range of commercially significant technologies for large- and medium-sized clients from diverse industries including semiconductors, computer-related technologies, telecommunications, consumer electronics, digital image processing, and robotics.
Please submit resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship Candidate
Harness Dickey’s Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship provides diverse, first year law students with career mentoring and financial assistance as they explore their interest in intellectual property law, gain a better understanding of working in an intellectual property law firm, and continue to excel in law school.
The Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship includes:
- A paid summer clerkship with Harness Dickey in one or more of its four Metro offices (Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; St. Louis, MO; Washington, DC), compensated at Harness Dickey’s standard summer associate rates.
- A $5,000 Scholarship upon successful completion of the summer clerkship.
- The availability of a mentor, with whom the candidate will work during the summer clerkship period, throughout the following school year.
- An option to renew the Fellowship following the successful completion of a first summer clerkship with Harness Dickey, based on mutual agreement.
To be eligible for the Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship, candidates must:
- Be a member of one of the underrepresented racial/ethnic groups defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, a woman, a member of the LGBTQ community, an individual with a disability, or a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Be in good standing as a law student at an ABA-accredited law school.
- Have a degree in engineering, life sciences, chemistry, computer science, or have substantial prior trademark, copyright, or related job experience.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and community involvement.
- Contribute to diversity efforts through involvement in law school or other community efforts.
- Be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Complete a clerkship with the firm.
- Have a strong interest in joining Harness Dickey as an associate after law school graduation.
Harness Dickey is currently accepting applications for the 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship. All eligible law students are encouraged to apply online. Please visit our Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship page for more information or email Lynette Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The application deadline is March 1, 2022.
Harness Dickey is on the lookout for talented people to join our professional support staff. To be considered for a position as a Legal Assistant or as a support professional in our Records Services, Docketing, Accounting, and Information Technology Departments, please submit your resume to the Human Resources Director at HR@hdp.com.