By Douglas A. Robinson, Principal
St. Louis patent attorney and litigator Doug Robinson will co-lead a CLE presentation on Tuesday, February 12, at the BAMSL Bar Center in St. Louis. The presentation, titled “IPR Update — A Review of Recent Developments and Emerging Issues in Inter Partes Review Practice,” will provide a glance back at important IPR updates and cases from 2018, as well as a look forward into the trends that are likely to shape 2019.
Topics to be covered include:
- The impact of recent Supreme Court decisions on IPR practices.
- Statistics and trends in IPR practice.
- Recent Federal Circuit decisions impacting IPR practices.
- Recent Patent Office guidance.
- The potential impact of selected pending cases on IPR practice.
- Potential legislative changes to the IPR statutes.
Robinson is a Principal in the Clayton, Missouri, office of Harness Dickey. His practice focuses on intellectual property contested matters in the areas of patents, trade secrets and trademarks. A precise advocate and experienced negotiator, Robinson holds vast experience in every phase of the dispute resolution process, from pre-suit investigation through appeal. A large portion of his practice is devoted to Inter Partes Reviews and other proceedings before the USPTO, where he is admitted as a Patent Attorney.
Robinson joins Anthony Blum of Thompson Coburn in leading the CLE, which will begin at 11:30 AM CST. Please visit the BAMSL website to learn more and to register for the event.