Harness Dickey, one of the largest patent and trademark law firms in the U.S., is pleased to announce the formation of a new team dedicated to serving clients in the Agricultural, Food, and Beverage industries. The team will operate under the industry name “AgriFood Tech” and will provide world-class intellectual property solutions in this challenging industry segment.
“We recognized that our attorneys have a lot of experience in this field, and coming together as a formal team and collaboratively serving clients was the right thing to do,” says Bryant Wade, Harness Dickey Principal and AgriFood Tech industry team leader. “Particularly right now, with the food supply chain in flux because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to help protect these companies as they deal with changes in business strategies and consumer demand under ‘the new normal.’”
Owing to the firm’s deep bench of attorneys and their diverse backgrounds, the firm offers experience in handling practically every technology and branding element of the AgriFood Tech system, including:
- Agriculture, including fertilizers and pesticides, plant breeding, livestock husbandry, and field equipment
- Consumer food and beverage products, including vegetarian and allergy-friendly diets, flavor enhancers and sweeteners, and alcoholic beverages
- Distribution, including logistics and tracking
- Manufacturing and processing, including ingredient chemistry, fermentation, distillation, and equipment for factories and fields
- Packaging, including design and materials
- Point of sale, including point of sale systems, restaurants, vending or dispensing machines, and mobile apps
- Food waste reduction
- Venture capital and private equity for the AgriFood Tech system
The AgriFood Tech team includes patent and trademark attorneys from Harness Dickey’s offices in Metro Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. In addition to serving clients in the areas of patents and trademarks, the firm also offers intellectual property services that include trade secrets, licensing, IP agreements and contracts, global IP management, and litigation. Blending these services in a complimentary way is a particularly appealing option for businesses looking to expand market share or bring new products to market quickly due to the pandemic.
Notably, Harness Dickey’s AgriFood Tech industry team includes several attorneys with direct experience owning and operating a farm. This includes the firm’s CEO, Bill Coughlin, who runs an environmentally verified organic farm in Southeast Michigan.
About Harness Dickey
Harness Dickey holds a #2 ranking from IAM Media for providing counsel to 44 companies with the largest portfolios of issued U.S. patents. The firm also ranks #6 for filing the most patent applications on behalf of those companies. Founded in 1921, Harness Dickey’s 100+ attorneys and patent agents focus exclusively on patents, trademarks, global IP management, litigation, and other IP rights. The firm has offices in Metro Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Visit www.hdp.com for more information.