Harness Dickey, one of the country’s largest and most respected intellectual property law firms, is pleased to announce its inclusion in the 2017 edition of the international World Trademark Review 1000. The publication, which includes both law firms and practitioners, identifies the world’s leading experts in trademark law from 72 global jurisdictions and 18 U.S. states.
Harness Dickey is proud to protect and enforce the trademark rights of its clients around the globe. The firm works closely with businesses, universities and inventors to build strategies that safeguard their trademarks and service marks, including:
- Searching, clearing, filing and obtaining trademark registrations
- Defending marks in state and federal courts
- Negotiating trademark licenses and franchise agreements
- Combating online infringement against cybersquatters, typosquatters and metataggers
- Safeguarding IP assets in mergers, acquisitions, investments and due diligence projects
- Litigating disputes that involve trade dress, trade names, unfair competition and comparative advertising
- Conducting global anti-counterfeiting and Customs enforcement measures around the globe
In addition to Harness Dickey’s inclusion in WTR 1000, Principal Beth Coakley received special recognition as a driving force behind the firm’s success in the trademark arena. Coakley’s legal experience spans more than 36 years and involves trademark protection and enforcement for clients around the globe. The publication highlighted her reputation for being “extremely proficient and talented” in trademark law and pointed to a recent matter in which she seized and destroyed infringing goods at a Customs facility in China.
The WTR 1000 is published by the London-based Globe Business Media Group. As stated by its website, the annual publication relies on qualitative research involving interviews with qualified attorneys and clients to build what it describes as the “definitive ‘go-to’ resource for those seeking legal trademark expertise.”
About Harness Dickey
Harness Dickey has obtained more than 55,000 patents for its clients since its founding in 1921. Currently ranked seventh among the nation’s top patent firms in a 2015 poll by IPWatchdog, Harness Dickey safeguards critical IP assets on a global scale for Fortune 500 companies, private and public businesses, universities, inventors, artists and entrepreneurs. Harness Dickey has offices in the metropolitan areas of Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Visit www.hdp.com and follow @harnessdickey for more information.