By Joan (Qiong) Wang, Ph.D., Associate
Dallas patent attorney Joan Wang, Ph.D., will take part in a panel discussion about intellectual property that will include a general overview of IP as well as key facts about the process of obtaining IP protection. The event is hosted by BioNorthTX and will take place Thursday, July 26, 2018, at the Dallas office of law firm Polsinelli.
The discussion will be aimed at Dallas startups and businesses in the biotech and life science industries. Some of the topics that may be addressed include:
- What are the different types of intellectual property?
- How long does it take to get a patent?
- What does it cost to get a patent?
- Once I get a patent does that mean I am free to use my invention?
- I’m starting a new company and am considering names. Should I do a trademark search? How do I do that? What are the risks if I don’t do a search?
Joan Wang holds a Ph.D. in biochemistry and molecular biology, and has nearly ten years of experience in patent law. She has worked with numerous businesses in the life science industry and is uniquely qualified to understand their needs and answer their questions.
For more information about the Intellectual Property Discussion, and to register for the event, please visit the BioNorthTX website.