Nancy K. Britt
Principal / Washington, D.C. Metro Office
Nancy has over 10 years of experience in conducting infringement, validity as well as state-of-the-art searches and analyses. Nancy is also experienced in counseling clients on how to protect intellectual property that develops and strengthens their business.
Nancy is creative and thoughtful in analyzing current trends in the marketplace, and in analyzing business goals in order to prepare and prosecute patent applications. She has prepared and filed hundreds of utility and design patent applications.
Nancy has represented large and small companies and independent inventors in the United States, Asia and Europe in patent prosecution and litigation matters. Nancy enjoys working with start-up companies to implement IP policies from the ground up. Nancy also has experience handling copyright and trademark matters.
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications directed towards business methods, manufacturing equipment, packaging, pharmaceutical compositions and methods, food processing, consumer products and more
- Advise clients on portfolio management
- Conduct freedom to operate, infringement, validity and competitive landscape searches and analyses
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
Civic & Charitable
- Nancy enjoys coaching youth soccer.
J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2004
B.A., Wake Forest University, 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office