John H. Ambrose, Jr.
Principal / Washington, D.C. Metro Office
John’s practice involves preparing and prosecuting domestic, international and PCT patent applications in the electrical, computer and electromechanical fields. His experience includes technologies that range from telecommunication systems, to data storage structures, to semiconductor devices, to integrated circuits, among others. John’s clients include large, Fortune 500 companies, where he works in partnership with in-house counsel and foreign associates to execute patent related initiatives on a global scale.
With more than a decade of practice, John’s ability to identify and address the technical issues involved in any given matter is both thorough and precise. As a result, John is skilled at identifying and understanding the inventive aspects of patent applications in which he is involved. He is dedicated to drafting, revising and prosecuting patent applications that protect the unique aspects of the innovation at hand. John’s clear and concise communication style allows him to diligently work with Patent Examiners as a partner, rather than an adversary, in order to achieve the objectives of his clients when interacting with the USPTO.
In the News
Awards & Distinctions
- The National Black Lawyers, “Top 40 Under 40 – Virginia,” 2016, 2020
- “Lawyers of Color Hot List,” 2013
- Black Law Students Association, William & Mary Law School Chapter, President, 2005-2006
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Northern Virginia Black Attorney’s Association
- National Bar Association
- Old Dominion Bar Association
J.D., College of William and Mary, 2007
B.S., Computer Engineering, University of Virginia, 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office